Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 98

Thread: School Board meeting

  1. #21
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: School Board meeting

    I'm pleased to see this too.

    Most of the schools in our area don't have good facilities for football. I've noticed at several games this year, visiting teams didn't even go into the locker rooms, if they had them, at half. Most just gathered somewhere in an open space nearby.

    Lee High has to have some of the nicest facilities I've seen.

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: juggernaut28</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm pleased that Pound is finally getting this approved. The field house has been in bad shape for years. I think it should have been done way before now. </div></div>
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

  2. #22
    Inactive Member ibe4warriors's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2005
    Posts
    957
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: School Board meeting

    If the structures are indeed that strong then they better be moving into action one way or the other.In the years of debating the issue lots of repairs could have been in action.
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/PHSfootballfan[/url]

  3. #23
    Inactive Member imported_Sportsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    1,486
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: School Board meeting

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was reading in the paper that to build 2 new schools was going to cost $91 million..but that is before any additional costs for athletic staduims etc....So, that cost probably balloons up to around $125 million when it is all said and done. I used to think consolidation was the way to go...but, with the terrain etc etc (which would force long bus rides on alot of the kids) and the increasing cost of the whole thing, I just don't give a hoot anymore what they do. If they want to refurbish and rewire and update each school...let em do it. All in all, even though you aren't getting a new building that way, it will probably be cheaper considering that the price for new schools ony includes the school and no extracirricular facilities...think about it. </div></div>

    I've read the article twice and I don't see where it said that this did not include the cost of athletic facilities.

  4. #24
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: School Board meeting

    Hold on a sec...it's in the times news..I'll link it.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  5. #25
    Inactive Member ibe4warriors's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2005
    Posts
    957
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: School Board meeting

    At the meeting last night they said it didn't include athletic facilities. And also didn't include time and travel for kids that ride the bus.And how far we would have to travel to play a game with Abingdon being the closest one.
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/PHSfootballfan[/url]

  6. #26
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: School Board meeting

    Excuse me...it was on tricities.com and it's from the Bristol paper. http://www.tricities.com/tristate/tr...0-23-0006.html
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  7. #27
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: School Board meeting

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Most of the schools in our area don't have good facilities for football. I've noticed at several games this year, visiting teams didn't even go into the locker rooms, if they had them, at half. Most just gathered somewhere in an open space nearby.

    Lee High has to have some of the nicest facilities I've seen.

    </div></div>

    Have you ever been to Coeburn, no other school around here can even compare to the football facilities there. Name another place that has a filedhouse with plenty of room for both home and visitors right on the field without having to walk a ways, and now the grass on the field is as good as anyone esles and the pressbox has ample room for visiting coaches and filmcrews and you have great vision out of it, not stuck in little rooms with barely enough room for 2 people and windows that you can hardly see the whole field from.

    With the facilities there in Coeburn why would you need to build new facilites when you build new schools and consolidate even the baseball field would more than suffice for a new school. All you would need is a field to practice on and somewhere to get dressed. And Bullit Park would be fine for the other school, just put in a new fieldhouse.
    Ok that takes care of the athletic facilities, next was the issue of busing I only need to say Breathit County KY, or Lee County VA. My wife went to Breathit and would catch, notice I said catch meaning she got on the bus not got out of bed to get ready, at 6:30 every morning. Get your lazy arses out of bed and get the kids ready for school.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  8. #28
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: School Board meeting

    That didn't include purchase and preparation of a site as well...That is just the cost of the materials and labor to build the school itself.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  9. #29
    Inactive Member ChrisSabo's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    762
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: School Board meeting

    I had heard the field house was just going to be a shell building? Any truth to that?

  10. #30
    Inactive Member ibe4warriors's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2005
    Posts
    957
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: School Board meeting

    Oh come on are you serious?
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/PHSfootballfan[/url]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •